Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Day 6


This is the second time I've worn the Rapunzel style. I just love the idea of it. Cliche or not, I must have said, "Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your hair!" a dozen times today. This style makes me love being a girly girl. I can imagine I've fast forwarded in time about 5 years, and it's really my own hair I can feel in the middle of my back. My husband likes it. I get comments about the uniqueness of it. All positives. Again, I love the idea of this style.

Sigh...Alas, this is probably the most uncomfortable way I've ever worn a scarf. The weight of the scarf is awkward, especially when driving. I look left quickly to see oncoming traffic, and my scarf is too heavy to toss along with my head. So it stays still, making me feel kind of restrained and claustrophobic. Not the greatest sensation when merging on the interstate. Then there's the thick bulk at my back when I sit in a chair. Add on the dilemma of what to do with my flowing tail when I put on my coat. Too many issues. Such a shame, because it sure is dreamy.

I'm sure I'll end up wearing this style again someday. When I'm bored with every other scarf. When I want to feel like a princess. Or when I want to imagine I'm in a Pantene commercial. I'm sure one of those days will come---someday.

2 comments:

  1. Princess Amidala!

    I totally know what you mean about the bulk, weight and lack of driving compatibility. All those issues restrain my scarf styling as well.

    Cute outfit, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, you inspired me: I tried the Rapunzel on Christmas Day. :-) I also mention your blog on mine, here: http://lightandgoodorder.wordpress.com/2008/12/29/the-nativity-of-our-lord-god-and-savior-jesus-christ/

    Best,

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete