Thursday, February 26, 2009

Did you know?



Did you know that Garlands of Grace does custom lengths? I'm so excited! We all got a little piece of the tax return pie to spend on whatever we wanted. Lonna bought clothes. Jared bought Legos. And I, of course, bought headcoverings!

In my ongoing quest to find the perfect covering style, one I can just put on and not think about, I took advantage of the offer at Garlands of Grace to request a custom length. Their Suzanne style is just too short for me. So, I measured the length I decided was just right. I came up with 20". This is definitely THE length. Doesn't fall over and get caught on my shoulder, yet it gives me the drape that I like.

Their workmanship as always is excellent. Same for customer service. Add these to my snoods from their collection, and I think I'm almost there. The place where my headcovering doesn't occupy the time it does in my schedule and thoughts. There are still those mornings where I feel like I'm defeating the purpose. Spending far too much time fighting with the covering. I want to put on my covering each morning with a meek and quiet spirit. Not caught up in worldly cares of how it just doesn't fit right or look right.

The perfect covering won't fix all those concerns, though. My heart must continue to change and purposefully turn my back on the grips of vanity. These coverings do help, though. I am grateful for them.

3 comments:

  1. That's really a lovely covering. your post on your day sounds very very familiar. Only, you seem a bit more organized than I am. Inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so pretty! Thanks for the "heads up" about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely! (i'm a new reader as you realise). I love your blog. I'm also orthodox and these past few weeks i've been searching the web for headcovering- info as i think i would like to make the transition from church-covering to full-time covering. This is an inspiration! God bless

    ReplyDelete